Friday 14 March 2014


7. Looking back at your preminalary task (the college magazine task) what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?


 I feel that many factors of my magazine have improved from the font to the use of the image and using colour to attract the target audience. I have learnt many skills of how to achieve these such as arranging text to suite around the picture causing there to be no text covering the image from the audiences view, this clearly points out the main focus of the magazine shown through the relaxed postured of the well-known figure on the front page. I also learnt that in order for the image to look professional the figure from waist up is best to be shown so it can cover most of the page and not leave to many blank/empty spaces. When I made my first draft of a college music magazine I learnt that not so many different fonts should be used so that this pulls the whole magazine together in order for it to match. In order to best suit the magazine layout and contents to the audience the front cover needs to attract the widest range target audience as possible; in this case my target audience was teenage girls. My understanding of further improving the layout of my front cover to represent this audience increased when I learnt that the masthead should be the largest writing on the cover and it should represent the audience, in this case the bold simple type suggests sophistication which would attract a teen girl who is going through the stage of wanting to be grown up. I learnt to balance colour to make it eye-catching but also not to vibrant for all the colours to clash, they need to suite the style of the magazine and match in places with the main image on the front cover so the whole magazine pulls together well. With the image I learnt the background would be more effective if the background was plain for the words to stand out against and so the main focus of the photo, in this case the well-known face which is the most obvious point for the reader to notice. To improve all of these points I used things in Photoshop such as the colour matching tool so I could match some of the font with the main image, I also used Photoshop to outline some words on the front cover which would have before without editing blended into the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment